Fire Safety Tips Hot Off the Grill
Outdoor barbecuing is a great way to save energy during the summer rather than cooking indoors. But, before you call yourself a grill master, consider these important fire safety tips.
- Propane and charcoal grills should only be used outdoors and at least three feet from siding, deck rails and eaves.
- Keep your grill clean to remove grease buildup that can start a fire.
- Make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it.
- Keep a three-foot safe zone around your grill to protect children and pets.
- When you’re finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container. For gas grills, don’t forget to turn off the gas.
- Don’t leave your grill unattended when it is lit.